Monday 24 January 2011

23 Things - here I come!


Well, I have finally got round to registering! Given that I am part of the 23 Things Team, I should have done so a lot earlier, but better late than never!

I'm hoping that the 23 Things programme will do three things:

1. Introduce me to new services, some of which I have heard of but haven't got round to playing with
2. Remind me about services that I have tried out, was going to use and then haven't!
3. Confirm that the services I am using I am getting the most out of.

I'm especially inetersted in the RSS week. I get what RSS feeds are and what they do, but just can't get them working for me in any practical sense. Perhaps that has something to do with the way I work? I admit that I don''t really have a Web 2.0 mindset.

I'm also not a blogger. My biggest barrier is the fact that I feel I have nothing important to contribute or share. Or at least, nothing new to contribute or share. Who is intersted in what I'm doing or thinking? A colleague asked me once if I twittered and I replied "Not online!" A sentiment that will be shared by everyone in the office on Floor 3!
The picture is looking back at St Mary's from Tresco in the Scilly Isles. It's supposed to be calming - and of course, has a purple glow. Having taken the image myself, there are no copyright issues involved, although perhaps I ought to think about slapping a Creative Commons Licence on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment