Tuesday 25 January 2011

RSS Feeds

Well, my iGoogle page is filling up! It's useful to see the 23 Things information there and now that I have almost caught up, I can see the next Things that I have to do.

Browsing my iGoogle page, I've realised that I have already set up a Google Reader account to aggregate feeds and have even set up different folders for different subject areas. So, I have tried to get to grips with RSS feeds before.

I think my major problem is a fundamental issue with how RSS works and how I work! With emails, I like to browse the emails, read and delete some, go back to others and I just don't seem to have this functionality with the feeds. I guess that's the nature of feeds in being immediate but also transient as well. So perhaps I need to be more disciplined in checking them more reguarly so that I keep up to date in a more timely matter. But after checking emails, phone messages and other alerting services, RSS feeds just seem to fall off the end of the list of things to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment